Friday, October 4, 2013

Subscription Review: Nail Art Society September 2013


Hi guys! So today I have for you a review of my second monthly Nail Art Society box, this time for the month of September.

If you didn't already know, Nail Art Society has a subscription service where you get a curated kit of nail art supplies delivered to your door every month. When I joined, the price was like $9.95 plus shipping, so it ends up coming out to like $14.90. I think they raised the price slightly within the last month, so now it's $11.95 plus shipping, but if you're grandfathered in, you still pay the original price.

I knew my box was supposed to come today, but I didn't recognize if right away. Last time it was in a dark purple bubble bag (like Ipsy). However, this one came in a normal, nondescript brown box. I opened the box and found this: 
A mysterious (although reusable) black bag! All these goodies were inside of it: 


Featured product: Gold and Silver Flake:
I've never worked with any kind of flakes before. They seem really interesting, and when I opened the little bottles I noticed they are REALLY delicate! NAS has been posting pictures of manicures featuring the goldflake, so I actually have some ideas of what I can do with it. This is cool  because   I don't own anything like these
in my collection! I'm excited to try them out. 


Nail polish! Yay! This is from the brand Jessica Cosmetics. The color is called Cinnamon Kiss. This color IS fall. It's a gorgeous "blackened" red with metallic shimmer. It's just sexy. 




More Cala Nail Decals! I was happy with the ones I got in the previous box (not so much with the butterfly theme, but with the fact that they are very easy to use and look beautiful). This one includes crowns, lions, crosses, very England royalty. I love crowns so I was excited to see these.


More decals! And they're Halloween themed! There are skulls, moons, lightning bolts, bats, and anchors (which I love, even though they have nothing to do with Halloween). There is so much more variety this time than in the last kit, and I wonder if NAS took customer feedback into consideration while putting this kit together. 


Adoro brand clear teardrop rhinestones: Never heard of this brand before. There are 6 of these rhinestones, they're very sparkly and probably look awesome in the sun. They're kind of big for natural nails, but they look pretty interesting. 


Adoro Elements circle rhinestones: almost all of these are gold, except two that are a really pretty iridescent color that looks different from every angle. They match the whole golden royal theme of the box. 


Finally, two information cards, one about the Jessica Cosmetics nail polish and their Night at the Opera Collection, and one about the featured nail art guru who curated this month's kit, as well as pictures of manicures using the items. 

All in all I think this month's kit is a big success. I really like the Halloween/royalty theme, and the silver and gold flake seem pretty interesting. I'm also glad the kit included nail polish. I have A LOT of nail art items, so it's nice to have things that I didn't previously. Can't wait to see what NAS comes up with next! 

You have until the 15th to sign up to get your October kit, so get yours at http://www.nailartsociety.com

xoxo,
Belle






No comments:

Post a Comment