Friday, October 18, 2013

Halloween Nail Art Part I Don't Even Remember

Hi guys! So I did some more Halloween nail art that I wanted to share:

I was definitely inspired by Arielle's ghost post.


I started with Glitter Daze's Super Smooth Basecoat. I have a tear on one of the nails on my opposite hand, and I used the tea bag method to fix it (apparently I didn't do a very good job because today it's pretty flimsy again.) Anyway, this particular basecoat is ridge-filling, and I wanted to be consistent, so I used it on all my nails. 

The base color is After Midnight by You Polish. This might actually be one of my favorite nail polishes right now. It's a black base with orange, purple and silver microglitter. At some angles it looks like there are green glitters as well. It looks so pretty in person. At first, I put it on my toenails (which i didn't take pictures of, because feet are kind of a weird thing...some people really hate them and some people REALLY like them). I kept looking at them and decided to use them as a base for Halloween nail art.

The skull and the bat are Cala nail decals that came in my most recent Nail Art Society kit. 

The spider is from one of my Mash image plates. If anyone actually wants to know what plate it is, I can find out, I've just temporarily misplaced my plates. 

Mash actually has a new set of plates out, which I got for my birthday (they came out like RIGHT before). I also bought the first set (i only had the middle one), so now I have all of them. I'm really excited because, not only are there some REALLY awesome images, but some of them are the same as the Bundle Monster plates, but unlike BM plates these ones will probably work. 

I'm also waiting for stamping polishes that I ordered from Born Pretty Store, but it's been like a month and they're not here yet. I emailed and was told to wait 10 more days. 

Anyway, I added a red rhinestone to the spider's back. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure this isn't an original idea and that I saw this on facebook somewhere. I think that white spiders are the scariest (like the ones that are on the outside of you car window but you don't realize it's on the outside and you start driving and almost crash into a tree...

Moving on...the ghost is something I did freehand with a nail art brush and white acrylic paint from Michael's. I was originally going to use a ghost nail plate image, but I couldn't get it to come out that good (it was an outline of a ghost rather than a whole one). I really didn't expect it to come out like this. I have no artistic ability whatsoever. But, ghosts don't really have a well-defined shape, so they're pretty easy to freehand. I put black rhinestones for eyes and drew a little mouth. I think it came out really cute :)

The accent nail, or rather non-accent nail, is two coats of Tatiana, my favorite Julep ever. 

Over everything I put China Glaze No-Chip Top Coat and then two coats of China Glaze Ghoulish Glow. I was expecting each nail to just have a general glow to it. What I was not expecting was this:


The ghost glows like INSANELY by itself. I have no idea why that happened, but it's FREAKING AWESOME. I considered stamping with glow in the dark top coat to make glow in the dark ghosts, but I wasn't sure it was going to work. This is seriously WAY cool....and I was not expecting it. 

Today at work, my nails chipped like crazy. Friday mornings at my job are really busy, so maybe it was because I was doing everything fast. I touched everything up and decided that my "accent" nail was too boring. I decided to try out Don't Bite The Heart That Feeds You by Glitter Daze (it's so pretty and halloween-y I couldn't resist). 


More nail art is definitely coming soon, I have a wedding and two Halloween parties coming up!

Thank you to all of our readers and subscribers, and if you like what you see please press the follow button <3


xoxo
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment