Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Halloween Haul Part II: Sick Lacquers

Hi guys! Here is a really cute pair of Halloween polishes I recently ordered from an indie brand called Sick Lacquers:


Sick Lacquers is a mother and son team that makes really cute polishes!

The one on the right is called Jack Skellington, and it's a crelly with a milky light orange base filled with neon orange hexes, squares and bars, black hexes, bars, and skull and crossbones glitter, and small neon yellow hexes. Very Halloween. This is the only skull and crossbones glitter that I own in a colored crelly base. I'd probably layer it over white or something. 

The one on the left is called She Breaks Hearts and Skulls. It's a clear base with bubblegum pink bars, squares and skull and crossbones, pastel pink hearts and hexes, matte grey dot glitter and "ultra fine" pink and silver glitter. The pink and silver glitter give the polish a gorgeous sparkle. This polish is so pretty I can't even take it. I also love the name. 

In fact, after I ordered Jack Skellington, I stalked Sick Lacquers Instagram and Facebook pages, and I saw She Breaks Hearts and Skulls, so I had to have that one too. I ordered it like an hour after the first one. Later on that night, I got an email from Peggie, one of the owners, saying that she noticed that I placed two separate orders, and asked if I wanted them shipped together. She said she would refund me one of the shipping prices through paypal. I thought this was really sweet, especially considering it was my own fault, and she reached out to me. I love when people do nice things like that. 

Some swatches: 



I also really like how the names of the polishes are on the bottle right in front, that's something I haven't seen before. 

Definitely check out Sick Lacquers! 
You can buy from http://www.etsy.com/shop/SickLacquers

Got to run, have to get ready for work, which I have in an hour. Peace!

xoxo
Belle

EDIT: The pictures have been changed...I used a different camera setting and they're now more focused!

3 comments:

  1. They look amazing, just wish the pics were more focused.

    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! For some reason my camera just wouldn't focus right and I didn't want to be late for work :-/ my birthdays coming up so maybe I'll ask for a better camera!

    Also the Sick Lacquers etsy page has beautiful swatches of both those polishes.

    Thanks for reading <3

    ReplyDelete