Monday, October 7, 2013

Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box October 2013

Hi guys! So today I received my third Glitter Guilty Pleasures box. I have to say, this is my FAVORITE one. 


When I saw the tag on my "monthly me," I saw that the polish was called She's a Pirate, and I just knew it had to be awesome. And then I took it out of its little individually-wrapped bag, and I was blown away. 


This polish is seriously amazing. It's a white crelly base with pink and black skull and crossbone glitters, orange hexes and shards, small black circles, and even some holographic microglitter! In other words, everything I love in a nail polish. 

When I got my first Glitter Guilty box, I wasn't really thrilled with my monthly me. Some of the glitters were magenta (a color on my hate list) and I just wasn't impressed. 

Now, when you sign up, there's a little profile that you can fill out, stating your likes and dislikes. When I initially filled it out, I wasn't very specific. I put a few colors I liked and a few colors I didn't. About a month later I was going through the message boards at makeuptalk.com, and someone posted that you can make your likes and dislikes as specific as you want. Not just color, but also type of polish and finish. You can also change it as often as you want. When I got my second box, I liked the color of the polish, but it was a glitter bomb, and I'm not the biggest fan of them because you need to layer them over other polishes, and more layers = more chipping. (I actually didn't have a problem with chipping, however. The mani I did with the black and white with Neon Lights over it lasted over a week, with minor tip wear from work. The formula is excellent.)

This time, I put in my likes that I wanted "Halloween, orange, black, skull and crossbone glitter, holo, creme or crelly finish." In my dislikes, I put "all browns, maroon and magenta, yellow, and glitterbombs." I was very specific, and it paid off! 


The monthly mini that everybody received this month is called Something Wicked, a very dark purple jelly base with purple shimmer, and green, purple and yellow hex glitters. I thought I wasn't going to like this one (I have a very odd relationship to the color purple...I HATE middle purples, but I like lavender and amethyst) but it's actually really pretty. 



Yay! Chocolate! Included in the box is a chocolate-covered Oreo and graham cracker. Can't wait to try it! 

Here are some swatches of the nail polishes: 


God they're pretty. 

This is actually going to be my last GGP box. I'm did 3 of these and I'm doing 3 Glitter Daze...after that I'm trying to get my subscription addiction under control (because it's not like I don't buy polishes I see that I like anyway). 

That being said, this is really a one-of-a-kind box. You get a custom polish, a mini, and some kind of artisan chocolate, all for only $15.99 a month. Jessica, the owner, is very sweet and gives amazing customer service. 

She actually just announced that, due to recent personal circumstances (I don't feel right mentioning the specifics in a blog post), she will not be able to do a custom polish for everyone, but rather will do 10-12 each month from now on and you will receive one of those, or you can pick a color from her shop. I think 10-12 is still a pretty good number of options, still way more than you get with other subscription services. 

Also I wanted to take some time to thank our readers, followers and commenters, especially The Nail Snail, who has a really awesome nail art blog (http://the-nail-snail.blogspot.com) and Elizabeth Breygel, who had a really cool beauty blog (liz-breygel.blogspot.com)...check them out! 

Also, I just added a couple of "follow" buttons, so please feel free to click on them :)

Peace, love and polish, 
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment