Thursday, October 3, 2013

Halloween Haul Part III: Different Dimension and Forever Polished

Hi guys!

Ok, originally I was going to do this as two separate posts. However, today I got such exciting nail mail that I had to share it NOW!


First up is three out of the four polishes in the Silenced the Lambs collection by Different Dimension. 
The polish on the left is called It Rubs the Lotion On Its Skin, and it is a black base with orange glitter. This polish is slightly textured (although not as much as traditional "textured" polishes). If you use a regular top coat, it dries as just a shiny black polish with orange glitter. I think I like it without the top coat though, it's very unique. Also perfect for Halloween (which, in case you haven't noticed by now, I have a slight obsession with). 
In the middle is Good Evening Clarice (if you noticed the dark spot, it's because I somehow managed to get nail polish on the bottle not even 5 minutes after opening it). It is a very pale holographic green, and it also GLOWS IN THE DARK. That's right, it's a holo that also glows in the dark. This is the polish that made me need this collection. I LOVE that it looks awesome both in light and darkness. Here is a bottle shot in the dark after charging for like 15 seconds: 

And all the way to the right is Have the Lambs Stopped Screaming? It is a glitter bomb with so many different shapes and sizes of glitter in black, orange, yellow and white (including hearts, stars, circles and hexes). There's also some holographic microglitter. This, again, is one of the exceptions to me not liking glitter bombs. 

Note: there is a four polish in this collection, called I Ate His Liver With Some Fava Beans and a Nice Chianti. However, I didn't get it because it is also a glitter bomb, and it has big circle glitters (which I'm not really a fan of). I thought about getting it just to complete the collection (and because the name is AWESOME), but I really can't ever see myself wearing it (that doesn't mean it's not really pretty though! It looks really cool over Good Evening Clarice in pictures that I've seen, it's just not my style). 

I actually found out about this collection the day after it launched, and it was already sold out on Etsy. However, I found out it was launching on Llarrowe, and I stalked the launch in order to grab them (the launch was in mountain time or something, and I'm in EST, so I misread the time zone chart and wound up setting my alarm two hours early (when the time of the launch was really two hours behind) so I got up really early for no reason. You know you're obsessed with nail polish when....

Anyway, the collection is still available at www.llarowe.com

Some swatches, in different lighting and with different backgrounds: 

From left to right it's Have the Lambs Stopped Screaming on top of Good Evening Clarice, HTLSS by itself, and IRTLOIS with no top coat. 

Here you can see Good Evening Clarice by itself


Here is some flash so you can see the holo


I thought this one was a really good shot of IRTLOIS

All in all, I think this is a really cool collection, and I think that Different Dimension always has really cool, unique polishes. You can either buy from llarowe or from www.etsy.com/shop/DIFFERENTdimension

Moving on. 



Here are some really cool polishes i ordered from Forever Polished. 

The one in the middle and the one on the left came as a set called Skull & Crossbone. It was $8.50 for both...which is actually a really good deal considering that that's usually the price for one polish. 

The one on the left is called Sugar Skulls, and it's described as a sheer, off-white base with holo dust and fine blue holo glitter. It also has pink skull and crossbone glitters and matte grey hex glitters. This polish is too pretty for words. I LOVE all things glitter, and pink, and skulls, and really this polish is so pretty it makes me want to cry. 

The other polish in this set is called Toxic Babe, which is a glitter bomb in a clear base. This has white skull and crossbone glitter, white diamonds and squares, black stars, squares, hexes, and circles, neon green squares, stars and hexes, and hot pink hexes. I would definitely wear this over something neon. It's SO punk rock. 

Finally, the polish all the way to the left is called Pumpkin Spice, and it is a pumpkin orange to yellow thermal with burnt orange holo glitter. I love orange, and thermals, and glitter, so I had to have this. 

Swatches: 

From left to right: Sugar Skulls, Pumpkin Spice (cold), and Toxic Babe


Here is Pumpkin Spice with warm water over it. It almost has sort of a greenish tint to it, which I think looks kinda weird with the orange glitter. 

Now, you might have noticed in the first picture that there are little jars of something. I knew I only ordered nail polishes, so I figured they threw in a little something extra, like rhinestones, when I saw the little containers.  This is what was actually in there: 

EXTRA PINK AND WHITE SKULL AND CROSSBONE GLITTER! And a lot of it, too! I almost died of excitement when I saw this. I can put these on ANY polishes now, and instead of fishing I can just put these on. That is SO cool, and I've never seen anyone else do this. 

I am SO happy with Forever Polished, and I would definitely buy from them again! Buy from them at foreverpolishedbyashley.bigcartel.com

Until tomorrow,
(When I will be showing you my birthday manicure nail art, that I am REALLY excited to do) :)
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment