Sunday, October 27, 2013

More Halloween Nail Art


Hi guys!

Let's take a moment to remember Arielle's long nails. R.I.P.  :(

Anyway. 

I'm going to a Halloween party today and I'm probably not going to dress up (saving my costume for Halloween) so I figured I would at least dress up my nails:



The base color is Exits on Your Right by Essence. I wanted to do a zombieish green color instead of the traditional white background for blood spatter and I figured this was perfect. 

For the blood spatter and the stamping I used Catherine by Julep. 

To do blood spatter, you take a little plate (or anything you can dispose of later to put nail polish on) and put a decent amount of nail polish. Then you take a straw, dip one end of it in the nail polish and move it around (you want to get some of it in the straw). Then, hold your finger a couple of inches away from the straw and blow hard into the straw. If your finger is too close to the straw, you're going to get big blobs of color instead of spatter. Also, if there's not enough polish in the straw, nothing will come out. Sometimes you might have to do each finger more than once to get your desired look. You can also touch up with your base color if there is too much "blood" in one area. 

The bloody hand print is from Mash image plate M69, and the hazmat guy is from M67. I was really excited when I saw these images when I got my new plates. 

I put one coat of regular top coat to dry and two coats of Ghoulish Glow by China glaze. I couldn't get a good glow in the dark picture, and it didn't look as cool as my glow in the dark ghost. 

Happy Halloween <3

Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment