Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nautical Nonsense

Hi! Just wanted to post a quick summer-is-basically-over mani: 


The base color is Julep's Dianna, that I got in the Big Picnic Mystery Box. It's a really pretty mint green, and it goes on so nicely. I love Julep polish because they're some of the only ones I've tried that don't leave bubbles on my nails. 

The thumb is a freehand attempt to draw a...boat steering wheel? (It probably has a different name). I used a nail striping brush. I did it in gold first, but it came out terribly, so I did silver over it. The effect wound up looking pretty cool by accident. Also used a striper for the pointer finger. I've seen stripe designs like this on Pintrest, and I love how it came out. 

Middle finger is from one of the Mash image plates #32. I used China Glaze Elephant Walk to stamp with. The circle around the compass is supposed to be really thin, but it kept not coming out, so I  just went over it with a striper brush. 

For the ring finger I looked up pictures of anchors and copied it. Before each rhinestone I put a coat of Tough Coat (clear nail art polish), and I used Mash nail art tweezers. 

The pinky is white nail tape. 

This is probably the second favourite manicure I've done (next to the Egyptian one). 

In other news, be prepared for a bunch of subscription reviews and multi-chrome polish swatches (I bought like 10 multichrome polishes and subscribed to a few more nail polish boxes [my bank account is crying]). That's all for now!

xoxo,
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment