Sunday, September 1, 2013

Subscription review: Julep Maven September box!

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to get my Julep September box. I was ecstatic. Unfortunately, I had to wait until today to open up my Box-O-Goods. I purchased the 'It Girl' box this month and I can't help myself to a few extras every time. After all was said and done I have six new polishes. So exciting!!!

One reason why Julep is my favorite of all subscription boxes that I have found is the array of colors you can get. In a store I might overlook these colors, but the smaller sizes, coupled with an amazing consistency for each leaves me always wishing I had more.(It gets me to try new colors I wouldn't think of before.)

Short and sweet descriptions of each, with swatches to follow further down.

I named the polishes on the bottles, for your convenience, but in reality, the polishes look a bit darker.  
1. Padma is a purple with the tiniest matching purple sparkles. It comes out really dark on my nails, but I bet in the sun this will look divine. (In the jersey area it's rather cloudy for the past few days.)
2. Karmen  is a wonderful cherry red with tiny golden/orangy sparkles in it.  In the bottle it looks dark, but comes out very vibrant. The affect of the sparkles mixed with the color reminds me of flames for an odd yet inspiring reason.
3. Tatiana  is a wonderful glitter copper color, and glides on so smooth, it's like butter.
 

 4. Catrina is an amazing canary yellow color. Simple, classy and eye popping. I never had a yellow before in my collection. I worry about t clashing with skin tone and possibly being too bright and after trying this color on, It left me wondering what have I been waiting for?
5. Candace is a glitter based polish in the brass/bronze family. This was not an add on, but it was the defining color that helped me choose my box this month. I love it more in person. I can't wait to do something special with this color.
6. Josephine is a blue/gray color. The creamy consistency glides on smooth and it looks perfect. Spot on to the color in the bottle. 


Another fun thing about Julep polish, it comes with this cute sticker on the top of most bottles, so you can swatch the color.  I am not sure why but I love this little extra.
I painted each nail a different color not only to test them all, but to limit the amount of polish that I would have to take off/ Waste. (Since these polishes are only 8ml, you can run though a bottle fairly quickly.)
I picked the purple to do a full manicure with and pictures will come. In all i love every color, and can't wait to try them all out fully. What do you think about these colors? 


Update- here are my nails painted up with Padma. 
I used  Out the 
Door  Northern 
Lights as a top coat just for my ring finger. Just to not have a strictly one color mani.

No comments:

Post a Comment