Thursday, September 26, 2013

You Polish October Box

Hi guys! So recently I got another box from a cool indie brand called You Polish. 

For $16.99 (U. S., there's also a Canadian version that is slightly more expensive), you got to pick two out of five  full-size polishes from their Halloween collection. That's right, not only do you get to see what's in the box before you get it, but you get to pick from a few options. 

If you bought one of the first 9 boxes, you got a special surprise (I was too late for this and I have yet to find out what the special surprise was). If you bought one of the first 30, you got 3 assorted Halloween fimo canes (I LOVE fimo) which I wasn't actually too late for. Here's what I got:


She threw in a box of candy too...which clearly didn't last long because, as you can see the box is already open and empty :)

These are the two polishes I picked:
Without flash

With flash

The one on the left is called After Midnight, and it is described on the website as a black base with orange, purple, and silver microglitter. Honestly, this color is SO much prettier in person. I could swear there is green glitter as well. I found it a bit impossible to photograph this polish...pictures just don't do it justice. 

No flash


Flash (you have to see the green flecks too!)

The one on the right is called Calaveritas, and it is a glitter bomb with pink, black, grey and white hex, dots and squares, and pink and white skull glitters. I think since I've discovered skull glitter nail polish I've ordered at least 6 different ones. I can safely say I have an obsession. And I'm okay with that. As with any heavy glitters, the bigger ones tend to sink toward the bottom (I had to fish to get the skull in my swatch picture below, but turning the bottle upside down a little while before you want to paint your nails should solve this). 


My 3 fimo sticks were a pumpkin, a black skull with a pink background (LOVE) and a...creepy footprint? I actually already have that fimo and I thought it was supposed to be like a baby's footprint (like for a baby shower manicure??) 

All in all Im in love with this box. It's not a monthly or recurring subscription, so you have to order a new one each time. I love that you can pick out the polishes you're going to get. I have WAY too many polishes now to be getting surprises that I may end up hating. I believe there are some October boxes left, and there is talk of a box for next month. 

Get one at www.youpolish.com!

xoxo,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment