Sunday, September 15, 2013

Subscription Review: GlitterDaze Daze of the Month September 2013



Hi guys! I just got my first Glitterdaze Daze of the Month box. 

The way it works is you choose from one of three levels ($13 to $25 per month)
Level One - Super Daze: One limited edition polish - $13
Level Two: Mega Daze: The LE polish, plus a mini polish and a hand care item - $19 
Level Three: Ultra Daze: The LE polish, the mini polish, two extras, and a $3 charitable donation to the charity of the month. 

These prices are new and have been changed recently, so if you see a discrepancy somewhere else, that's probably why. 

You fill out a questionnaire before your box ships based in your preferences, and it's pretty detailed. 

I, of course, had to get the Ultra box, and this is what I received: 


First of all, everything is wrapped up ADORABLY in pink tissue paper with white bows (not pictured). 

Secondly, you get a card explaining exactly what each item is. I love this, because I'm not a nail polish expert (yet), and I don't know how to tell the difference between jellys and crellys and that type of thing. 

Here was my full sized limited edition polish: 


Oddly enough, it's called Neon Lights, which is the exact same name my 'monthly me' polish from Glitter Guilty was for this month (although, they are two TOTALLY different polishes). 

According to the description, Neon lights is a neon glitter-bomb with black and white multiglitter in every shape and size in a pastel lavender base. There aren't just black and white glitter pieces though, there are all different colors. Some of the shapes include stars and hearts, which I didn't know until I swatched it. 

Another thing I really like about this is that the base is colored. I'm not really a fan of glitter bombs in clear nail polish, because I feel like there are going to be so many layers of polish (base coat, two regular coats, 1 to 2 glitter coats, top coat, and I like to add a coat of Gelous). A lot of times, clear glitter bombs come on thick, and the thicker/more layers of nail polish you have on, the more likely chipping/peeling is occur. It does indicate, however, on the card that this is supposed to be layered on top of white polish. 

Something I found when I was swatching this was that you don't have to go fishing for glitters and shapes, they come out easily each time you take the brush out of the bottle. 

...also...as if this polish wasn't already awesome enough, did I mention that it GLOWS IN THE DARK?!?! That's right, it glows purple in the dark. Just hold it up to the light for 10-30 seconds. It really works. This is so cool because I've been really into special effects polishes (thermo, light changing, etc) and I wanted a glow in the dark polish without having to wear that neon green/yellow color (that doesn't look so good during the day). 

Moving on...

On the right is the mini for this month, called Evermore. It's a really pretty red crelly with silver, pink and white glitters in different sizes, and some shimmer. You don't really need to put anything under it, and it becomes opaque in 2-3 coats. 

On the left is a mini super smooth base coat. The description states that it is base-strengthening, ridge filling, neutralising, and long lasting. I really wish I had this when I tried to wear Essie's No Place Like Chrome, because that polish showed every bump in my nails. It wasn't pretty. 

My two extras are a "hand fizzy" and "super holo heart cabochon- you can use it as a keychain (key ring included) or a necklace.

I looked up what a hand fizzy was (because I had no idea) and apparently you put it in warm water and soak your nails in it (the part when you're giving yourself a manicure, after you file/buff your nails). The description says that this is raspberry violet scented, flower shaped, and almost twice the size of their regular ones. I plan on breaking it into pieces so that I can use it for multiple future manicures. 

And the heart key chain...I absolutely love it. It's so me and my style. I just hope I don't break it... I have bad luck with key chains. 

Some swatches: 


I didn't layer white under like the card suggested for NL, because I wanted to see what it looked like on its own. 

Final verdict: I REALLY like this subscription so far. I think I might change my level to Mega down the line, because I don't NEED two hand care items or extras, but it makes me feel a little better knowing that my nail polish addiction is helping someone out somewhere (because of the charitable donation.) 

Technically I got 3 extras instead of two, which is also often. I am liking this a bit better than Glitter Guilty right now (which I will probably cancel after next month-I really want to see Halloween stuff!)

That's all for now!
xoxo,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment