Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ipsy bag September 2013

Hi guys! So today I'm going to be doing something a little different, I'm going to review what was in my Ipsy bag this month. I know it doesn't have to deal with nail art per say (especially since I didn't get the Butter London :() but I like doing subscription reviews, and this is my only non-nail subscription. 

I debated whether or not I actually wanted to do this review (because everyone and their mother does these) but I figured it wouldn't hurt. So on to the bag: 


What I received:

1. Star Looks Eyeliner pencil in Obsidian

I use a black eyeliner pencil as one of my staple makeup items...so I was pretty happy about this. It is definitely full sized. It goes on pretty well and it looks even better. Since I've gotten it I've used it every day for work. 

I don't know if I would rather have gotten the liquid eyeliner, because I don't have any and it would have been fun to try. Maybe next time?

2. Pop Beauty Pouty Pop lip crayon in Rose Romance

Ok...so I really wanted to like this. I really tried. I did. But when it goes on, you can literally see every line and crevice in your lips. The color also pretty much washes you out. I tried putting on Chapstick before and I tried lip gloss after and nothing seems to help. There's a slight minty sensation, which I guess is nice, but it's not enough to outweigh the bad. The only time I can see myself using this is on Halloween, if I'm trying to look like a zombie. 

Also, I was really disappointed that I didn't get the Cailyn lip baum instead. Literally every unbagging video I watched on YouTube had one, and I was SO excited to get it. Until I looked in my glam room and found it I wasn't :(. Also, the beauty pop crayons sell like 6 for $25, and the Cailyn are $19 each, which is already double the value of the bag for ONE item. Not that I'm a snob like that, but I would have been much happier with the Cailyn. 

3. It's So Big Volumizing Mascara by Elizabeth Mott:

I only use mascara on special occasions, and I don't have a go-to one just yet. I used this one once, the formula is pretty thin (as in not clumpy) ...when I used it I had misplaced my eyelash curler, so I don't know how it works with one, but it seems promising. This was the only sample sized item in the bag, everything else was full sized. 

4. Chella Hilighter Pencil in Ivory Lace:

Guys, I'm gonna be honest, when I saw this in my glam room I had NO idea what it was for. I don't really know anything about makeup (besides the basics, eyeliner, shadow, mascara)...I only recently stared using BB cream as a foundation (Super 8 Triple Function B B Cream by Skin 79 from South Korea, to be exact). In fact, anything that i do know about makeup I learned from Jessface90 (check her out on YouTube, she's a Beauty guru and she has so many cool looks and product reviews...I've actually bought quite a few things based on her reviews (including that BB cream). 

So I started doing some research and I found a really cute video that shows 10 different things you can do with this pencil. They include using as a concealer, hi lighting cheekbones, eyeshadow primer, using on your water line to make your eyes look bigger (I don't have this problem, my eyes are huge), putting it on the inner corners, covering under-eye circles, etc. I've been using it as a primer and concealer, and it's pretty good. Not exactly something I can't live without, but it's something cool to try that I didn't know about (which is one of the reasons I chose to subscribe to the bag in the first place). 

5. Nyx single eyeshadow in Fantasy: 

I actually really love the nyx brand. I already own an entire set of different colored eye liner pencils, loose pigment eyeshadow, and makeup brushes. 

When I was watching unbagging videos, I saw people getting some really scary colors (yellow and bright blue) and I was nervous. However, the color I got is a pretty, shimmery browny-bronze color. I actually had a color like this in high school that I used to wear every day. I think it goes really well with my eyes. I've also been using this every day for work along with the eyeliner. 

This was my first bag, and there was only one product I really didn't like. I was on the waiting list for like a month, and I was SO upset because the August bag looked AWESOME. I can't wait to see what's in store for October!

Here is a look I did with the eyeliner pencil, eyeshadow and mascara. I entered it on the Ipsy Facebook page for the eyeshadow contest and they put it in the galary. Last time I checked, it had 19 likes! (Which is exciting for me, don't laugh.) 


Peace for now
Belle

2 comments: