Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Nails!

Hey guys! Today I just have a quick post of a couple of patriotic manis for Labor Day. I used these for the 4th of July, but you can pretty much use them any time you're feeling patriotic. Onward!


For the thumb I used Mash image plate # 49, pointer finger is dark blue rhinestones, middle finger is star-shaped rhinestones, ring finger is blue and red nail tape over while nail polish, and the pinky is an acrylic bow. I don't own nail glue, instead I used Tough Coat by Winning Nails (got it at Sallys). It just looks like a clear top coat and its for bonding and sealing nail art. Believe it or not, the bows actually stayed on for about a week (one of them I had to remove manually). 


With this one I used the sponge technique, the same that people use to do ombré effects. You start with a base coat, then paint the nails the lightest of the three colors (in this case, it was white). Make a line of each color polish, right on top of each other, and then sponge it onto your nail. I would look on YouTube for sponging techniques if it is your first time (Laynie Fingers has a good one). I did not, and it took me like 2 hours, because I did it wrong (I rolled it on my nail, like you do with a nail stamper) and you're actually supposed to sort of tap it on. 

On top I used Kleancolor in Silver Star, which is a clear base with holographic stars, which I had to kind of pick out with the brush. I topped THAT with China Glaze Fairy Dust, and put a top coat over that. Because I had so many layers, the nails peeled off within a couple of days. I would probably go with 3D star decals
or something like that next time. Even though this mani didn't last that long, it got like 50 re-pins on Pintrest (which is a lot for me). 

Hope everyone has a relaxing and safe holiday (I know I'll be spending mine at work :-/)

xoxo
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment