Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Haul: Ellagee Polish

Hi guys,

So I wanted to share something really cool with you. I recently ordered some awesome polishes from Ellagee, an indie, big 5 free nail polish brand, after seeing them on Facebook (I think from a link from the ifeelpolished page). 

I was so impressed by what I received that I wanted to share it with you!


Everything came in this cute little bag, bubble wrapped of course, with a roll of smarties!

To the polishes:

The main reason I ordered from this company was because of the polish in the middle, La Calavera Catrina. It is part of the Dia De Los Muertos collection, and will only be available until November 2nd, or while supplies last. I definitely want to pick up another one before then if that's the case. This is a clear base with hot pink flower glitters, red heart glitters, white SKULL AND CROSSBONE glitters, and black and while glitters in various shapes and sizes. The inner punk in me cannot pass up the opportunity to buy a nail polish with skull and crossbone glitters. Add hot pink flowers and red hearts? I'm in love. I usually don't like glitters in clear polish...but this is definitely an exception. 

The polish on the left is called Shirley Temple. Not only is this a thermo polish, but it's a thermo polish WITH GLITTER. It is a jelly polish that changes from magenta when cool to pale pink when warm. I've been really into thermo polishes lately, and I will probably be wearing them all winter long (when ill be going from really hot to really cool temperatures often). The website advises to layer it over white polish for the best color-changing effects. 

The mini polish on the right is called Tequila Sunrise, and it is also a thermo polish that goes from light orange to dark orange. The effect isn't as extreme as with Shirley Temple, but orange is my favourite color, and I had to have it. It is very shimmery. The website advises to layer it over pale yellow for the best effect. 

Now for some swatches:


From left to right:
Tequila Sunrise, Shirley Temple, and La Calavera Catrina. 


LCC layered over Julep's Brit. 

I ran the thermos under hot water to see the color changing effects:




You can see the colors turning back already


Cold and hot side by side...pretty big effect and I didn't even layer colors underneath. 


Oh, I almost forgot! I also ordered this adorable keychain (so that everyone who doesn't already know I'm a polish addict can see). It's dried nail polish, so no worries about spillage. It is in the color Party Like Its 1999, and you can get it in whatever color you want! 

The order also came pretty fast. I ordered it on the 12th and it got here today, on the 17th (that's fast, especially the way my nail mail has been shipping lately. 

I think that Ellagee is coming out with a holographic collection soon...so be on the lookout! This is definitely a brand to keep your eye on!

xoxo,
Belle



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Charissa! What gorgeous photos! I'm so glad you love them all, and thanks so much for the surprise review <3

    ReplyDelete