Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Subscription Review: Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box September 2013

Hi guys!

Today I'm going to review what was in my Glitter guilty pleasures box this month. If you didn't already know, GGP Is a subscription service where, for 15.99 a month (you can also do 3 or 6 month plans) you get a full sized polish, based on your specific preferences (you fill out a questionnaire where you list polishes you like and don't like, including colors and finishes. You can be as specific as you like. You also get a mini polish, that each subscriber gets, as well as a piece of artisan chocolate (or something else during the summer). Each chocolate or other item is from an independent company, and proceeds from the boxes go to supporting small businesses. 

So here was my box this month: 


My full sized polish, based on my preferences, is a glitter bomb with iridescent microglitters and neon hex glitters in green, blue, pink, and orange, called Neon Lights. This is definitely the only polish I have like this. I don't know how I feel about glitter bombs, because I'd rather have glitter in a base color (so that there are fewer layers and less chance of peeling/chipping) but this is pretty cool. It's very similar to Party Hearty, which is listed in the site, except Neon lights has orange instead of purple. 


I definitely like this color a lot better than the one I got in my previous box. That one was a light pink creme with orange holographic microglitters, white bar glitters and magenta and silver circle glitters. I put maroon and magenta in my dislike section, so I was a little disappointed when I saw them in the bottle. It's still pretty though, and the formula is really good. 


Moving on, the monthly mini polish is called Tight End, and it's a crelly with a blue base, dark blue microglitters, and blue and white circle glitters. This one I'm kind of eh about, since last month's mini was also blue (much lighter though). It was based off of the creator's football team's colors. This is a cute idea, even if you dont really follow football. Now for some swatches:


All the way to the left is Tight End over two coats of Frost bite by China Glaze. The third to the left is 3 coats of Tight End by itself. I think it looks MUCH better with a solid color under it. Second to the left is Neon Lights over two coats of White by Kleancolor. Second to the right is NL by itself, and all the way to the right is NL over two coats of Black by Kleancolor. I don't know if I like it over white or black better, I might do a mani where every nail has a different base color. 

The last thing in the box is a cute little bottle-top magnet that says "keep calm and paint your nails."  I love this, it's adorable, i only wish it was a keychain or something so I could carry it around with me! 

This is my second box, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with for Halloween. It should be noted that Jessica, the creator, has excellent customer service. I didn't get my box by a certain day, and I emailed her (on a Saturday.) She emailed me back promptly giving me the tracking number, some information about the shipment, and told me she would call the shipping company if I didn't receive my box in the next few days. She obviously puts a lot of time and care into her products. 

That's all for now...so keep calm and paint your nails!

Update:
Here is a manicure I used with Neon Lights as a Top Coat. Underneath is My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Black Onyx by OPI. I alSo used Orly Instant Artist in Platinum to make the stripes (which you can't really see...but I used them to separate the black and white). 




xoxo,
belle

No comments:

Post a Comment