Friday, November 1, 2013

The Little Mermaid Ursula Inspired Nails

Hi everyone!

Today I pre-ordered a few of the new nail polishes from I <3 Nail Polish (www.ilnp.com), and I am officially on a no-buy for the month of November. Like, for real. 

So I decided that I would spend this month trying out nail polishes that I haven't gotten a chance to yet. I decided to try out four of them at once:



This kind of reminds me of the little mermaid. My motivation behind it:

Recently Hit Polish (http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/HitPolishNailLacquer) came out with a new collection, and was selling their old collections for discounted prices. I picked up three minis for $1.88 each. One of the ones I picked up was Ursula. It's a REALLY pretty crelly lavender base with TONS of holographic microglitter, small holographic purple hex glitters, matte white lines, grey and black hex's, black squares of various sizes, and purple shards. Pictures will not do this polish justice, it is GORGEOUS in person. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would look amazing over Julep's Joanna, which is a lavender creme base with a pearl finish. I figured since most of my mani was Ursula, I wanted to do an Ariel accent nail. I picked Julep's Angela (which I somehow have two of). It's one of those blueish duochrome colors that pretty much every company has by now. 

On top of that I put on Avon Opal Top Coat. Arielle got this for me for my birthday, and I've been wanting to try it out. It looks like magic in a bottle. For some reason, it reminds me of when Ursula stole Ariel's voice and put it in the locket. I don't know why or how that makes sense. I topped everything with Sally Hansen Insta Dry.


From left to right: Ursula by Hit Polish, Avon Opal Top Coat, Julep Angela, and Julep Joanna.



With flash...I tried to capture some of the microglitters, but it's night time and what you see in the picture is not even close to how sparkly it is in person. 

I really wish I had a full-sized Ursula. But the awesome thing about Hit Polish is that you actually have an option to buy a full-sized discontinued polish under a custom listing (for $8!).

I don't think I'll run out any time soon, considering that I have probably hundreds of polishes I haven't tried yet (and I'm on a no-buy so I can't!) but I will probably eventually get one. 

That's all for now, as always thanks for reading <3

xoxo,
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment