Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lynx Cosmetics November 2013 Mystery Box

Hi guys! 

So a few weeks ago I was on Instagram and I saw that something called Lynx Cosmetics started following me. I looked on their page to see what it was all about and the first picture I saw was a picture of a mystery box advertisement. I bought a lot of Halloween mystery boxes, but this one was more themed toward Christmas. 

Without a second thought, I ordered one. For $25 you got two full sized polishes and two minis, each holiday-themed and limited edition (only sold in the mystery boxes), plus some extra goodies. There was also a smaller option, $10 for two mini polishes and extras. 

Here is what I got: 



My first full sized polish is called Frosty Peed, and it is a really pale yellow base with matte yellow and and white hexes and smaller holographic silver hexes. 

I'm gonna be honest, I think it's a really cute name and idea, but I can't see myself wearing this, like ever. The color literally looks like someone peed on your nails. 

The other full size is called Santa Suit, and it's a nice Christmas-y red filled with holographic microglitters. I wouldn't necessarily consider this polish holographic, because you can't see it unless you shine a bright light (like a flashlight) directly on it. I can definitely see myself using this one! 


My minis:

First one is called Heart of Gold. This color is GORGEOUS. It's a shimmery gold base with red microglitters. This one is my favorite in the bunch, and I wish I had gotten this as a full size and FP as a mini. 

The second one is Holly Berrie, and it's a glitter topper with red, black and silver medium sized hexes, and small green and holographic hexes. Perfect for Christmas. 


My extras:

Gingerbread Cookie Bath Salt Sample:
I generally don't use bath products (as in i shower rather than bathe) but this smells really good. I might try these out. 

Stamping plate: I love stamping so this is definitely welcome in my collection. I did expect some of the images to be holiday-themed, but I already have some holiday images in latest nail plates from Mash so it's all good :)

And finally, some clear rhinestones. 

Here are some swatches of the polishes: 


From top to bottom: Santa Suit, Frosty Peed, Heart of Gold, and Holly Berry. 

All in all I think this is a pretty cute box. It will probably be one of my only Christmas mystery boxes (because of the no-buy and the fact that I should probably be getting things for other people...and I also ordered a holiday set from Julep). 

Lynx Cosmetics also has these new polishes that you don't know what they are until you shake them up. These look SO cool, and if I wasn't on a no buy I definitely would have ordered a couple. 

www.lynxlacquer.com

xoxo
Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment